In Search Of:

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mac Miller -- Best Day Ever

Fresh off of being a part of XXL's 2011 Freshman Class, Mac Miller has released the mixtape/free album entitled Best Day Ever. All original tracks, all very worthy of multiple listens. I was a fan of it from the jump.

Best Day Ever starts off with the reflective title track and goes into a couple songs which are catchy themselves, but definitely not the shining stars on the mixtape. I love the fact that he did two version of the title track. One starting the album off; the other ending it. The first melody reminds you of a music box with a synth rap twist, whereas the second version is more percussion driven. After the mother honoring "I'll Be There," the music is solid gold.

He includes production from ID Labs, Chuck Inglish, a couple randoms, and a surprising Just Blaze (for the song "All Around the World"). In typical Mac Miller fashion the features are almost nonexistent. The only guest appearances made are by singer Phonte and Miller's Pittsburgh kin, Wiz Khalifa. My personal favorites are "In The Air," "Life Ain't Easy," and possibly the best song: "Snooze."

I hope he does some more music videos to accompany the songs. I'm sure the visuals would be crazy. But that's just my opinion. Check it out for yourself!

Download Mac Miller's Best Day Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment