In Search Of:

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Missing a Good Weekend by Sleeping on G.O.O.D. Friday?

So, if you've been living under a rock lately -- or just choose to ignore hot topics -- you might not know that Mr. West himself has chosen to post a free new song download every Friday leading up to Christmas. G.O.O.D. Fridays the name, out of respect for his G.O.O.D. Music label and the day of the week, ironically a religious reference for the man behind Jesus Walks.

I waited to post about this because knowing how behavior can change when the wind blows, I wasn't sure if this would last. However, Yeezy has consistently delivered a song each week for about a month now. Yet, his concept of time isn't the greatest. He has a tendency to post the songs at like 2AM Saturday morning (which technically makes it G.O.O.D. Saturday morning, but I digress).

I've been extremely pleased overall with the music, making it hard to recommend a personal favorite. The one track I was less than excited about happened to be Lord, Lord, Lord. The beat became too repetitive and overworked in the end. Although I respect the Power of the Wu, Raekwon the Chef could have been left out and cut about 3 unnecessary minutes off the track. Swizzy has proven himself an amazing producer (see Power Remix and So Appalled), but still I could NOT care less about his attempts at rapping.

Anyhow, those are just my opinions, and I'm sure you have plenty of your own. Enjoy the free music! "
G.O.O.D. Fridays I hope you have a nice weekend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment